Volunteering with Me too & Co
At Me too & Co we rely on our many volunteers to operate and help us provide the wide range of services we are able to offer our families. Our volunteers come from a wide range of backgrounds and use their skills and interests in many ways to further our aims and objectives. Our trustees, also volunteers, work behind the scenes to ensure the future smooth running of the charity.
If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer for us, either at our sessions or helping behind the scenes, we’d love to hear from you! There are limitless ways you can get involved and every contribution helps us to continue our work. Whatever your background, and whatever you wish to do, you’ll find that volunteering for Me too & Co is rewarding and challenging.
Our “hands on” volunteers attend our sessions on Tuesday afternoons and/or Friday mornings. These are the ways you could provide help for our activities that range from reception and welcome desk to supporting our families in the following ways and many more!
- playing with children
- supervising the crèche
- working one-to-one with a child
- playing music
- Makaton signing
- setting up and putting away toys
- making teas and coffees
- talking to and supporting parents
- welcoming visitors and showing them around
- running an art table
- supervising a sensory room
- providing massage, cranial osteopathy and other complementary therapies you are skilled in
- running talks or offering workshops on your area of expertise
- helping in drama, cookery, sewing or art classes
- helping on trips out such as ice skating, BMX biking or nature trails.
We run training courses for our volunteers such as First Aid and ensure that all volunteers have up-to-date DBS (formerly CRB) checks. We ask for 2 references from all volunteers
Volunteers are required to adhere to our volunteer policy at all times.
Download as an Adobe Acrobat pdf.